leather flowers

leather flowers
Jewelry Made with Leather Flowers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Still Standing

Greetings,
I am scarce but I am still standing. I visit facebook and I visit twitter but I feel timid, I must admit, to visit my blog. The reason for this is the fact that my original intention for writing this blog seemed to have been delegated to the back burner. This is disturbing to me. I don`t feel guilt just a `let-down` maybe. You see I thoroughly enjoy my 8a.m.-4p.m. job and this takes a lot of my energy so that I am truly unable to create, at this point in time, sufficient jewelry to supply an online business. This is where I am at right now.
I am disappointed that I am unable to accomplish this dream as I had made an attempted to begin but I deal with an issue at my place of employ that I cannot ignore nor do I want to ignore it.
I manage a centre where persons learn craft skill to help enrichen their financial status and so accommodate a better standard of living. These are persons that are not gainfully employed nor well versed in the education system. The strategy is to give them the craft skills so they can empower themselves and so be productive citizens. We are not all cut from the `same cloth; some are `academically inclined` and some are `handicraft inclined`.
This might seem like a normal task but the area where this centre is situated has spurts of gangwafare  and it is an area shun by the general public. It is an area where you have to show the people how beneficial such an education is to them. Some come willingly and some  have to be wooed. Also it is heart-warming when person learn their craft and they can financially help themselves after training; some have even acquired the status where they are teaching the craft that they have learnt. How can I turn my back?
As the area has a gang problem,craft teachers do not want to come to the area to teach. So it is left to me to source capable persons from the area to teach the various crafts. Please bear in mind that I am not from this area. This task takes a lot of my energy but I am not complaining. If I have to do it over I surely would.
So it is not that I have regaled on my words or intentions but I have an obligation to my people to do a job and I have to do it to the best of my ability.
I am coming with jewelry but I am wiser now and I am not saying a word till it is so.
Goodbye for now.
Makeda.

No comments:

Post a Comment