leather flowers

leather flowers
Jewelry Made with Leather Flowers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tying Up Loose Ends

Greetings,
It has been awhile since I have written and I am a little, very little, embarassed that I have not been able to accomplish that which I had set out to do as yet and that is start my online business. Life is extremely complicated for me right now because of the road that I have chosen.
As you all may know that I am from Trinidad. I manage a Centre that teaches craft. I am responsible for all stock at the Centre( we supply all the equipment, tools and materials at the Centre for the trainees to use for learning).Training is free. I am also responsible for sourcing trainees for training and partners to help with the smooth running of the Centre. I work from 8a.m.-4p.m. but with classes finishing at 5p.m. I am usually at the Centre till about 5.30p.m. The challenge that I face is that my Centre is in a crime- infested  area called Laventille. I am supposed to facilitate five craft classes but has only been able to accommodate two so far. Classes are from 9a.m -1p.m. and  2-5p.m. There is a gang-warfare going on between some of the young men in the street of the Centre and some of the young men in the street obliquely opposite.
This situation has created a great challenge for me because tutors refused to come to this area to teach. I therefore had to source tutors from within the Laventille area or I should say source crafters who are experienced and can spare the time and turn them into tutors. So far I have been able to accomplish two classes. I am not sure that I will be able to accomplish the five classes given the amount of effort it takes to accomplish one class.I retire in March 2011. I chose to stay in Laventille and keep the Centre open to give those that want the chance to have it. Craft gives me my `bread and butter` and I live fairly comfortable.. Many persons who has passed through the Centre has had their lives improved. For this reason they have me till March 2011.
The `down-side` to this is that my time is becoming so  limited and it is extremely difficult getting my store opened at this point in time and this is a sore point with me. I can`t even create my jewelry as I would like.
When I say I can`t wait to retire, it is for this reason. retirement means to me that my time is mine. I have given back and I see to me now. The only thing is that I will be a golden 60 yrs. and God will have to grant me long life for me to explore more of this wonderful life.
There is so much to share and so much to show that if we persevere we always win. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment