leather flowers

leather flowers
Jewelry Made with Leather Flowers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Whole New W orld

Life is awesome, scary,exciting and crazy at times. At present, I find myself in unknown territory, completely bewildered but moving forward none the less.

I am from Trinidad. I am a 59 year mature or can I say young woman ( how do we measure age?). I am due to retire from my 8 to 4 job next year. I work for a company that has a number of craft schools throughout the island. I am the manager of one of these schools. I was once a jewelry tutor at that same school. I also create jewelry from seeds, beads, coconut and calabash shells and my favorite- `leather flowers jewelry`. I do exclusive jewelry for a few clients, so at times there are not enough hours in the day.

While doing research online, the idea came to me to open an online store. I looked at all the possibilities, I researched for hours and I spent a lot of sleepless nights. I told myself this would be good for when I retire.

I realised that I have to blog, tweet and a whole new world opened to me.

BLOG- what do I know of blogging?

TWITTER- what do I know about tweeting?

That is when life started to get scary, exciting and crazy. I have left my safe little life and gone into what I thought was `young people thing`.

So here I am with what I tell myself is the start of my blogging. So be gentle with me and I am open for good, rewarding advice. So I am pressing forward. Soon come.
Love
Jemstar01

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! :) I think you'll find that it is a lot of fun ... and there are so many wonderful people in the "blogosphere" ... it's truly an uplifting experience!

    Will you be selling your jewelry on Etsy, Ebay or Artfire? I'd love to take a look. And if you're interested in joining a really fabulous artisan group, I would recommend My Craft Corner (http://www.mycraftcorner.com/) - they are a very supportive group of people and I've learned a lot about selling from them.

    I look forward to following your progress in this wonderful thing called blogging!

    ReplyDelete